Git turned 13 on April 7, and we celebrated with 13 Git tips. Keep studying for the total record of reader favorites from April 2-Eight:
- 13 Git tips for Git’s 13th birthday, by John SJ Anderson
- 10 commands every Linux user should know, by Sam Bocetta
- Understanding Linux filesystems: ext4 and beyond, by Jim Salter
- Learn advanced SSH commands with the new cheat sheet, by Ben Cotton
- An introduction to the Flask Python web app framework, by Nicholas Hunt-Walker
- How to find files in Linux, by Lewis Cowles
- Submitting my first patch to the Linux kernel, by Dileep Sankhla
- What the pandas Python data analysis library and SQL taught me about taking an average, by Alex Petralia
- Why I love ARM and PowerPC, by Peter Czanik
- Ansible, Linux apps, Jupyter Notebooks, a Raspberry Pi baby monitor, Python, and more, by Rikki Endsley
2017 Open Source Yearbook
Our third annual open source community yearbook rounds up the highest initiatives, applied sciences, and tales from 2017.
Call for articles
We wish to see your Java article concepts. Send article proposals, together with transient outlines, to email@example.com.
Stay up on what is going on on with Opensource.com by subscribing to our highlights newsletter.
All Things Open and LISA18 CFPs now open
Every 12 months a bunch of our community moderators and writers be a part of the Opensource.com editorial workforce in Raleigh for All Things Open. We stay up for seeing so many buddies and making new ones at this inexpensive occasion, which attracts a great mix of speakers and topics, exhibitors, and attendees. The name for speak proposals is open till April 24th. If you need suggestions in your speak concept, drop into our #opensource.com Freenode IRC channel—typically our moderators, editors, and writers are hanging out and keen to assist.
The CFP for LISA18 additionally opened not too long ago, and Brendan Gregg (Netflix) and I’ll co-chair this 12 months’s occasion, which will probably be held Oct 29-31 in downtown Nashville. Do you might have one thing to say concerning the current and way forward for Ops? If so, ship in your speak proposal by May 24th. Follow LISA on Twitter to remain up to date on deadlines and bulletins. If you might have questions or suggestions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.