The Linux desktop surroundings KDE celebrates its 22nd anniversary on October 14 this yr. There are a gazillion* functions created by the KDE group of customers, lots of which offer enjoyable and quirky companies. We perused the listing and picked out 11 functions you would possibly wish to know exist.
*Not actually, however there are a lot.
15 KDE functions you by no means knew existed
1. KTeaTime is a timer for steeping tea. Set it by selecting the kind of tea you’re consuming—inexperienced, black, natural, and so forth.—and the timer will ding when it is able to take away the tea bag and drink.
2. KTux is only a screensaver… or is it? Tux is flying in outer area in his inexperienced spaceship.
three. Blinken is a reminiscence sport based mostly on Simon Says, an digital sport launched in 1978. Players are challenged to recollect sequences of accelerating size.
four. Tellico is a group supervisor for organizing your favourite interest. Maybe you continue to gather baseball playing cards. Maybe you are a part of a wine membership. Maybe you are a severe bookworm. Maybe all three!
5. KRecipes is not a easy recipe supervisor. It’s received rather a lot occurring! Shopping lists, nutrient evaluation, superior search, recipe rankings, import/export numerous codecs, and extra.
6. KHangMan is based mostly on the traditional sport Hangman the place you guess the phrase letter by letter. This sport is offered in a number of languages, and it may be used to enhance your studying of one other language. It has 4 classes, one in all which is “animals” which is nice for teenagers.
7. KLettres is one other app which will make it easier to be taught a brand new language. It teaches the alphabet and challenges the consumer to learn and pronounce syllables.
eight. KDiamond is much like Bejeweled or different single participant puzzle video games the place the aim of the sport is to construct strains of a sure variety of the identical kind of jewel or object. In this case, diamonds.
9. KolourPaint is a really easy modifying instrument to your photos or app for creating easy vectors.
10. Kiriki is a cube sport for 2-6 gamers much like Yahtzee.
11. RSIBreak would not begin with a Okay. What!? It begins with an “RSI” for “Repetitive Strain Injury,” which might happen from working for lengthy hours, day in and time out, with a mouse and keyboard. This app reminds you to take breaks and will be customized to satisfy your wants.